|Home » Categories » Bidding & Buying|
Which items are prohibited to purchase on buynsellindia.com?
Article Number: 33 | Last Updated: Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Below is a list of items that are prohibited from sale on buynsellindia.com. Please do not attempt to sell or buy these items as this will cause the listing to be removed and necessary action being taken against the member who placed the listing.
· Adult items : buynsellindia.com currently does not cater for adult related items, movies and sex aids of any kind. Under no circumstances list child pornography. It is a legal requirement that if a member is found to be dealing in child pornography all details will be passed to law enforcement officers.
· Airplane & Train tickets:The civil aviation authority strictly regulates the sale of flight tickets in India therefore sellers must be IATA/ UFTA licensed. For this reason we don't allow the sale of this item. The same applies to rail tickets.
· Alcohol, Beers, Wines and Spirits: A license is required to sell alcohol in the India. Therefore we ban the sale of it on buynsellindia.com. The only occasion where it can be sold is in the instance where the container is the reason for sale and has a much higher value than the substance contained inside. Furthermore the item must also not be available currently in any retail shops. The seller must ensure that the description states that the container has not been opened and that the contents are not suitable for consumption. The seller must also ensure that the buyer is of legal age in the country from they are buying the item.
· Animal Products skins etc: All live animals are prohibited from sale on the site. Many native animals and birds are protected throughout the world and trade in their hides or body parts are illegal. It is because of this and the complicated regulations surrounding this category that buynsellindia.com.com has chosen to prohibit the sale of all animal products, stuffed animals, skins hides etc. from the website.
· Batteries: The following batteries are prohibited from sale: mercuric oxide button batteries (button-shaped batteries as used in vintage camera equipment) alkaline-manganese batteries containing mercury zinc-carbon batteries containing mercury.
· Copyright Descriptions & Images: The use of copied or scanned text and images can infringe on the owners copyright. Please ensure that you have permission from the owner to use them. Please ensure that you use your own images and descriptions unless you have the owner's permission to use them. Do not copy descriptions and images from other members. If you have the permission then you can upload the image to your item listing to let us and other members know that you have the permission to use the description or pictures of that owner.
· Counterfeit & Bootleg issues: It is prohibited to sell any copy or bootleg items. Items such as, but not limited to clothing, footwear, handbags and watches etc that are not made by the original marked maker. Items including, but not limited to, CD, DVD, MP3, Video, VHS recordings, Video and PC software games and titles that are unauthorized copies are also prohibited. Any items that are suspected to be un-authorized copies are prohibited.
· Mod chips or similar devices used to facilitate the use of copied or imported games etc are prohibited.
· The use of a non authenticity disclaimer is not allowed : For instance placing in the description, a line such as "I am not sure if this item is genuine or not so please take this into consideration when bidding or using the words "looks like Nike” or "Similar like Ray-Ban” are not allowed. If you cannot vouch that the item is genuine then do not list it. We don’t allow keyword spamming on our site. Such items will be removed without prior notice.
· Counterfeit Currency and Stamps: All counterfeit money or stamps are prohibited. Copy coins are accepted if permanently marked as copy and sold as such. Close attention must be made to rules and regulations laid out regarding the description of coins and stamps in relation to over grading, cleaned and altered numismatic materials. Currency notes or coins that are in circulation may be bought and sold as collectors in accordance to the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972.
· Credit, Debit & Cash cards: Credit, debit and cash cards, no matter what age are prohibited for sale on the website.
· Database lists: buynsellindia.com prohibits the sale of any database lists of names, addresses, email addresses, personal information and mailing lists of any kind.
· Downloads and E-books: The sale of items such as downloadable software or E-books of any kind is prohibited from sale on buynsellindia.com. This includes but is not limited to software programs, E-books, music and video downloads and links to websites that offer free downloads. The sales of items delivered via email are prohibited with the exception of bespoke auction templates that are produced by the seller. E-books in any form even if copied to disc are prohibited.
· Drugs and Drug related: All forms of narcotics, steroids, prescription drugs or controlled and illegal substances are prohibited from sale on the website. The sale of Drug related items such as Pipes made from metal, wood, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic or ceramic water pipes, chamber pipes, carburettor pipes, electric pipes, ice pipes, bongs, chillums, wired cigarette papers and such similar items which are intended for use of producing, manufacturing, concealing are not allowed. Traditional tobacco pipes made from Briar, clay, corn cob etc are allowed. Due to complicated regulations surrounding this category we advise our members to comply with all government regulations of India.
· Fireworks: All forms of fireworks are prohibited from sale on the website.
· Free items: Giving an item away free with another item does not make it exempt from the prohibited items list.
· Government, Licenses Uniforms etc: Legal licenses, passports, birth and death certificates, identification papers, driving licenses or any government related official documentation may not be sold on buynsellindia.com.com. The sale of any official uniforms are also prohibited, this extends to complete or parts of security uniforms, transport uniforms, commercial pilot uniforms, air staff uniforms, rail and underground uniforms etc. The sale of any documents relating to mass transportation, rail, air etc is prohibited.
· Guns & Firearms: The sale of guns and firearms that require a firearms or shotgun certificate is prohibited on the website as per Indian Arms Act, 1959.. Air Weapons including rifles, pistols BB guns of any type are not allowed to be sold on buynsellindia.com. The sale of any form of gun even if deactivated is not allowed on Buy n Sell (India). This includes dress guns and replica guns (realistic imitation firearms). The sale of paintball guns and accessories are allowed on the website. buynsellindia.com reserves the right to remove any listings for firearms of any type without prior notice.
· Human Parts: All human parts, organs, blood, bone, waste, sperm etc are prohibited for sale on buynsellindia.com. buynsellindia.com reserves the right to remove any listings for human parts of any type without prior notice.
· Incorrect brand use (Keyword-Spamming) is strictly prohibited to use a trade or brand name to describe an item when that item is made by another manufacturer. Description lines such as the following examples are not allowed. Eg. "New Zippo type leather bound lighter”. The reason is that, it is manipulation of the search engine and gives false returns on search results. The lighter for sale is not a "Zippo” and so therefore the name cannot be included and using the other brand names falsifies searches accordingly and is misleading and unfair. Words like "not” "like new” "copy of” etc., within a description lead the item to be closely checked by our Site-Policing Team. Hidden texts within descriptions are also prohibited. Using white on white text within a description to hide key words is not allowed.
· Lock breaking devices: All devices for use in lock picking, jamming, code reading, etc. are prohibited from sale. Lock picking guns, cards bypass keys and tryout keys are also prohibited.
· Lottery tickets: Lottery tickets of all types are prohibited from sale.
· Material deemed offensive: buynsellindia.com bans the listing of any goods or items related to terrorist activities. It also forbids the sale of any images or items relating to current criminals, prisoners or any terrorist outfits etc.
· Multilevel, Network & Marketing: Schemes that promote, matrix, multi-level marketing, pyramid sales etc. are prohibited on buynsellindia.com.
· Police items: Police uniforms, badges, ID cards, emergency vehicle lighting and markings etc are prohibited from sale on buynsellindia.com.
· Recalled Items : Any kind of recalled items are not allowed to be sold on buynsellindia.com.
· Satellite Systems & CB Radio: Due to complex legal conditions surrounding the use and sale of digital signal decoders buynsellindia.com has chosen to prohibit all decoders and associated products with the exception of legitimate free-view boxes from the website. Citizen band radio systems are prohibited from the website also. Satellite dishes and set top boxes can be listed however which are allowed by The Government of India, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
· Shares: The dealing of shares, stock, bonds, credit and investments is highly regulated by SEBI and is therefore prohibited on buynsellindia.com.
· SIM card unlocking: Software that can be used to unlock mobile phones and SIM cards are prohibited.
· Stolen Goods : buynsellindia.com is happy to work closely with local, national and international law enforcement to clamp down on crime. buynsellindia.com will not tolerate stolen goods to be sold on the website. If you see items that you feel confident are stolen and have good reason to believe so, please contact us giving the auction title, auction id, seller id and your reasons. Our investigation team will review and if found substance in your report, we will remove the listing immediately.
· Tobacco and Cigarettes: Due to taxation and regulations, buynsellindia.com. has chosen to not allow the sale of Cigars, Tobacco and cigarettes on the site. The only occasion where it can be sold is in the instance where the container is the reason (antique value) for sale and has a much higher value than the substance contained inside. Furthermore the item must also not be available currently in any retail shops. The seller must ensure that the description states that the container has not been opened and that the contents are not suitable for use. The seller must also ensure that the buyer is of legal age in the country that they are buying the item.
· Travel vouchers :Travel vouchers in any form are prohibited from sale.
· Unauthorized images etc:The sale of products that include images, names or signatures of other people that are not authorized or manufactured by that person are prohibited for sale. For example a scanned copy of an original photo of a pop star. The original may have been authorized but the copy is not. This is the same as Bootlegging. Also a photo that you may have taken of a movie star. You may have had the right to take the photo but you don't have the right to sell the photo on the strength of the name of the movie star. The same applies to names and signatures.
· Used Clothing- Used clothing is allowed on the site providing it has been laundered before being sent to the buyer and the item description clearly mentions the condition as used.
· Web Site Links: Website URL's that take the viewer off site to visit another site that sells goods or links to a site that sells goods are prohibited as per the buynsellindia.com Prohibited Items regulations or by the law of the land. Users are no longer allowed to use user names that are addresses of sites or contain offensive words.
NOTE: buynsellindia.com reserves the right to add or delete any points from the Prohibited Items list without prior notice. Hence, we request you to frequently check the Prohibited Items list to make sure you list your items under the Rules and Regulations of buynsellindia.com and Law of India.
There are no attachments for this article.
How to lower maximum bid?
Viewed 18 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
How a bidder can get outbid?
Viewed 26 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
How to know your seller?
Viewed 41 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
You have won an item but no longer want to purchase it. What you should do?
Viewed 20 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
How can a bidder / buyer contact a seller?
Viewed 47 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
What if the buyer has received offer to purchase the item outside buynsellindia.com?
Viewed 22 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
What are the different payment methods?
Viewed 81 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
How you can confirm whether you received the item or not?
Viewed 48 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
How long should a buyer wait for the seller to contact them?
Viewed 45 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
What is a Reserve Price Auction?
Viewed 25 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012